WP Engine is committed to helping their customers — they make recommendations on plugins and themes, and help connect their customers with reliable, skilled service providers.
One of the ways they do this is through their Finely Tuned Consultant Interviews on their blog, and WP Engine invited Bourn Creative to do an interview and join the ranks among other talented folks as a Finely Tuned Consultant — Pretty cool right!
Here are just a sampling of the questions asked:
- When was the first time that you really got excited about WordPress and at what point did you decide to make it your career?
- Where do you go first to get your WP news, insights, and updates?
- What performance tips would you give to other pros (as related to speed, scalability, security, plugins, backup, etc.)?
- Confess to us your biggest moment of WP fail?
- If you were going to spend this weekend creating a plugin that doesn’t exist, what would it be?
- Do you use Themes & Child Themes, Roll your own, or both?
- What is the biggest challenge that WordPress consultants will face in 2014?
- Where do you see WordPress going in the next 2-3 years?
- What’s the biggest misconception you encounter about WordPress, and how do you clear it up for your clients?
We Love WP Engine
It’s no secret that we are huge fans of WP Engine. We host Bourn Creative with WP Engine, we ask all clients who have ongoing maintenance contracts with us to also host their site with them, and we are proud affiliates.
We know there are a lot of choices when it comes to WordPress hosting, and believe me, they run the gamut from great to not so great — and we have hosted sites at a variety of different hosts.
WP Engine is a managed WordPress hosting company. We chose them for our own site after meeting some of their team at a WordCamp when they were a brand new company — and they have consistently provided great support and friendly service. Plus, it’s awesome to connect with their team — even owners — at WordPress events around the country. They are supportive and active in the community and they listen and get involved.
So why Choose WP Engine?
- Crazy Fast Hosting: Their WordPress hosting is hand-tuned to deliver the fastest WordPress hosting around (without needing caching plugins). We’ve helped several clients migrate their sites to WP Engine and they immediately noticed big increases in site speed. Plus, their hosting is scalable, so your site will never go offline for having too much traffic. Plus, because Google incorporates page-load time into your site’s search rankings, WP Engine hosting services custom-built their EverCache technology to deliver WordPress fast enough for Google, and at scale.
- Proactive, Secure Back Ups: WP Engine automatically backs up your entire site for you, and offers a one-click backup and restore option at no extra charge. Plus, they install WordPress security updates proactively — so you don’t have to worry about it!
- Awesome WordPress Features: WP Engine hosting accounts come with a WordPress staging area, so you can deploy new pages, themes, or site changes without worrying about crashing your site.
- Hacking Guarantee? WP Engine automatically scans for and fixes hacking attempts to keep your site secure. In fact, they guarantee that they will do everything they can to ensure your WordPress site doesn’t get hacked — but if it does, they will fix it for free.
What About You?
Are you a WP Engine fan too? Have you been considering a switch to WP Engine for WordPress hosting services? Do you use a different provider and love them? We’d love to hear your thoughts below!