A content management system (CMS) is a system that simplifies the publication of content to websites, allowing website owners to update content, change content, and add new content without requiring HTML programming or file upload knowledge. In many cases, integrating a CMS into your website, like the WordPress Content Management System, allows the user to edit their website in an environment similar to Microsoft Word. This type of CMS uses a WSYISYG (What you see is what you get) editor.
Content Management Systems are becoming more and more popular as business owners and entrepreneurs are turning to the Internet to do business.
Website owners are tired of paying insane prices for even the smallest of website updates. They want to be able to do it themselves and they want to be able to do it whenever it is convenient for them — even if it at 2:00 am! Smart web designers and web developers are offering the integration of content management systems like WordPress to provide more flexibility in the sites they produce and to help entrepreneurs and business owners stay in total control of their websites.
Here is a quick breakdown of just some of the basic ways a content management system can improve your website and what it will allow you to do:
- Update, delete, change, add content
- Format content and add bulleted and numbered lists
- Add links to other websites, blogs, documents, videos, shopping carts and more
- Add, delete, and organize pages
- Upload and link to documents such as PDF, DOC, PPT, XLS, etc.
- Upload and insert images, photos, and graphics
- Manage a blog
- Integrate your social media posts and profiles
- Customize page names, add page titles, and add meta tags information
- Add video and audio
- Create electronic forms
- Add and manage a calendar
- Integrate your email marketing list opt-in boxes
- Define user roles and access
- Access old versions of your web pages
- Track stats and traffic history for your website
- Access information and make updates easier and faster
If you can’t do this with your current website, contact us and let’s talk about creating you a powerful WordPress website for your business.