A brand is every interaction with and marketing practice of a name or design that identifies and differentiates one business, product, or service from another.
Simply put, as a business owner, entrepreneur, or solopreneur, your brand is made up of every experience a customer, prospect, vendor, partner, or other person has with you, your business, product or service, online, offline, or in person 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Your brand encompasses:
- The position you fill in the marketplace
- Your voice and the messages you are communicating to your audience
- The visual design and appearance of your brand
- The target market you are speaking to
- The marketing materials and promotional items you use
- The experience, feeling, or perception any individual has related to you or any aspect of your business
Think of it this way, your brand is everything that helps you communicate your passion and expertise. Your logo is a quick visual representation of your brand that is easy for your audience to remember and recognize. Together your brand and your logo help you effectively and efficiently reach your audience, communicate your message, your value, and benefits, and visually attract more attention.
Check out my blog post: What is The Difference Between a Logo And a Brand? for more information on the differences between the two.