Steve Harvey and his team approached Bourn Creative to redesign the existing Act Like A Success website, giving it a professional facelift and laying the technical foundation for future membership site implementation.
The site is built as a custom, responsive, HTML5, WordPress website powered by the Genesis Framework with retina support and schema.org integration. It includes a custom publishing system for simple management of complex page layouts, two custom plugins, custom page templates, and Infusionsoft form integration.
The complex custom Home page template (shown below) uses a custom publishing interface that allows the client to edit all of the content and images without writing any code — all of the front-end content formatting is done automatically upon page save. The design tells a story vertically, helping visitors get to know, like, and trust Steve and his team:
- Welcome to the site by Steve Harvey and a short overview of what they will find
- A promotion for an upcoming event
- Introduction to the different ways visitors can work with or engage with Steve Harvey
- A gallery of images to showcase Steve Harvey in action
- Recent blog posts, updated automatically whenever a new post is published
The Courses section and Products section (shown below) of the website use a custom publishing interface that is made up of two custom plugins to manage both custom post types, and unique page templates for the individual sales pages and the archive pages.
This publishing interface allows any member of the Steve Harvey marketing team to add an infinite number of courses or products to the site quickly and easily. All the client has to do is add the new course or product and upon save, the content is automatically formatted for them and automatically added to the main archive page available in the site navigation. All of the added courses and products can also be reordered at any time with drag and drop capabilities.
To lay the foundation for the future membership site integration, Bourn Creative designed dynamic navigation menus that automatically recognize whether a visitor is logged in or not. This enables the client to serve different content to different visitors:
- New visitors or logged out visitors see the regular sales and marketing content, course and products overviews, and calls to action.
- Logged in members see special content available only to them, allowing them to quickly access the courses and products they have already purchased.
To facilitate list building and email marketing growth, Bourn Creative built in conditional logic for the website sidebar to display email marketing opt-ins and calls to action in special feature widgets that can be added or removed on a per page or post basis.