When Nafissa Shireen reached out to us, she had no brand, no website, and no email list — but she had passion, years of high-level experience, and a drive to reach her goals no matter what.
Initially we worked with Nafissa to design and develop her brand, including typography, color palette, and logo design, as well as her stationery system, including business cards, letterhead, envelopes, note cards, and a PowerPoint presentation template. With her brand in place, we worked together to design and develop a custom, responsive WordPress site, that included custom templates for branded sales pages and a branded email marketing opt-in.
Over the years, we continued to work with Nafissa on a variety of creative projects, including the cover and interior content design of special opt-in offers and information products, the design of print and digital advertisements, a custom assessment, and other sales and marketing materials.
Then, after experiencing massive growth in her business, Nafissa again engaged Bourn Creative for a complete brand platform upleveling, including logo, color palette, and typography, as well as a brand new custom WordPress website.
The new website features a custom blog design as well as a highly-flexible, custom WordPress page builder with 11 different unique, branded modules — most with additional options to vary design elements, colors, and background colors, including:
- Traditional WordPress content editor
- A full browser width banner image on a gradient background
- Three column layout — with/without images, with/without text, and with/without buttons
- Two column layout — with/without images, with/without text, and with/without buttons
- One-Third/Two-Third rows layout — image next to styled text, with/without buttons
- A full browser width background color with the traditional WordPress content editor — white text, multiple background color options
- An alternating testimonial management system
- A full browser width image
- A feature box management system — meant for modules of a course, program, or product, or to promote featured content and bonuses
- A call to action section with an extra big button
- Recent blog posts
The custom, responsive page builder, gives Nafissa and her team members the ability to create a variety of complex page layouts for any page on the website, including sales and landing pages, by simply adding the individual modules in different configurations. The best part is that no one on her team needs to write a single line of code, as all of the content added to the page builder is formatted automatically. This approach also ensures that every page created is on-brand and uses a consistent style. Providing pre-designed modules in the page builder to control the content styling also ensures that each page maintains SEO friendly markup in alignment with current SEO best practices.
The blog section of the website leverages a sidebar to feature helpful content and an email marketing opt-in. While most sidebar opt-ins are added at the top of the sidebar to maximize visibility, as soon as a visitor scrolls, the opt-in is no longer visible. To combat this, a special “sticky” call to action widget was added at the bottom of the sidebar. This sticky widget not only garners extra attention because of its unique color, but because when a visitor scrolls through the blog or a long blog post, the widget sticks to the top of the browser window and stays there, always visible, no matter how far the visitor scrolls — which results in higher conversion rates.
Also included in the project were:
- Custom ad zones to allow Nafissa to market various products and programs that are controlled across the site at the global level.
- A custom component for her YouTube channel to make it easier to add YouTube videos to blog posts, and automatically swap the featured image with the actual video on all individual blog posts.
- Complete Infusionsoft form integration.
- Moving the site to SSL protocol for faster load times and better site security.
In 2017, we completed a recoloring of the main brand elements and site to use a brand new color palette for the brand. Nafissa is a client we continue to work with for ongoing WordPress website maintenance and development support, new feature additions, and new branded design elements.