Kelly and Shannon Bedrich, co-founders of Cypress Capital Ventures, needed expert design and development services to launch their new e-commerce portfolio company. They required a fresh, modern online presence, expertise to guide them through the logo design process and website development, and a final product that scaled for their future needs.
The Cypress Capital Ventures website is a custom, responsive, HTML5, WordPress website powered by the Genesis Framework with retina support and schema.org integration. It includes:
- A unique Home page design, featuring a large, full screen background image and rotating big picture brand statements that leverages a custom interface, allowing the client to change the text, footer content, or background image at any time.
- A custom publishing system to allow the client to quickly edit complex page layouts and benefit from automatic content formatting and styling on the front-end of the website, without writing any code.
- A custom portfolio interface to feature their portfolio of investments that allows them to easily edit, add, link to, label, or rearrange their portfolio entries by simply filling into custom fields, using in-place image uploader, or dragging and dropping content.
- A custom About page template to showcase their core value and team. The team feature is expandable, so they can easily add team members if they decide to showcase more than their executive team.
- Diagonal design elements created with CSS for high resolution device compatibility, replicate the same brand angle throughout the site — in the navigation menu, in the blog post date and taxonomies, and on the portfolio entry labels.
Below is an example of the custom Portfolio page template. As projects are added, removed, or reordered, the alternating right/left layout of the images and content is automatically adjusted.
As a venture capital company, Cypress Capital Ventures is always interested in receiving slide decks, pitches, business plans and more. As a result, a file upload capability is integrated into their contact form, with restrictions on file type to include only PDFs, Word Docs, PowerPoint files, Pages files, Keynote presentations, and JPGs.
We continue to work with Kelly and Shannon on site enhancements, ongoing support and maintenance, technical SEO consulting on their other web properties, and future projects.