Do you have a gorgeous website that has a fantastic and beautiful design? If you hired a talented web designer, I am sure you do. And, I am sure you are really proud of your website. If you didn’t hire a professional, you should check out my post 10 Reasons Your Business Website Stinks and How You Can Fix It.
Here’s the problem. Your website needs to be a whole lot more than just pretty and attractive. It needs to be a 24 hour a day lead generating machine that makes your life easier and helps your increase your profits.
Don’t get me wrong, high quality design is very important to your branding, image, credibility and professionalism, as well as the flow of information in your website. But, you website needs much more than high quality web design.
Your website needs to be planned strategically to help you achieve your goals and objectives. It needs to accelerate your progress toward achieving your big vision. But how do you do that? There are several ways you can build a more functional website that gets results, such as:
- Consistently adding fresh content
- Distributing press releases
- Writing articles
- Advertising online
- Optimizing your site and content
- Giving away free reports and audios
- Integrating email marketing and CRM software
- Utilizing auto responders
- Adding a shopping cart
With that said, there is one thing you can add to your business website that will get you faster results than any of the items listed above. It is adding a blog to your business website, more specifically, adding a WordPress blog to your business website.
A blog is the number one way to increase your online visibility, increase your search engine ranking, and drive more traffic to your website.
Here are a few other reasons your business should have a blog:
- Google loves blogs. Posting fresh, valuable content to a blog at minimum once a week will have you soaring to the first page of Google. In fact, in some cases, where the sites have been optimized for a specific niche, they can get to Google’s first page in less than 24 hours.
- You retain total control over your website. With a blog-based website, you don’t have to ask your web designer or web developer to make changes for you. You can log in to your website at any time from any place and make the changes yourself.
- Blogsites are easily customizable. With a website based on a blogging platform like WordPress, you can change the elements and the look of your site relatively easy. You have access to the back-end programming if needed, and you can install and activate a plug-in for pretty much anything you may need.
- You can reach your target market faster. Blogging increases the speed at which your content appears in the search engines. This means your target market and people searching for your keywords will find your website faster and more often, which translates into more sales or list conversions.
- Blogging facilitates interaction. Allowing comments on your blog and responding to comments left by your blog visitors, shows your audience that you care about what they have to say and what they think. It raises your credibility, it builds stringer relationships, and it builds their trust in you.
Have you added a blog to your business website? What results have you seen?