This past weekend I headed out to Las Vegas for five days to attend Inc. 500 CEO Ali Brown’s Shine Event for women entrepreneurs (and some men) in Las Vegas. As many others I ran into this weekend would say, “This is my second Ali Event” and I have to say it was an amazing event.
In 2008, I attended Ali’s Online Success Blueprint Workshop (OSBW) and while there experienced some big Ah-Ha moments in regards to my business. I knew where I wanted to go, what I wanted to achieve, and the things I needed to do to get there. But what I wasn’t sure about was the order in which to do them and the details that tied them all together in a logical sequence.
At OSBW all of the pieces fell neatly into place, the right place, and in the airport on the way home I mapped out my entire business plan for 2009.
Even in what the media continues to label as the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression, 2009 has been a great year. I am extremely thankful that my business has continued to grow and flourish. Naturally, when the announcements went out this year for Ali Brown’s 2009 Shine event in Las Vegas, I immediately signed up for two reasons.
- Attending an “Ali event” means surrounding yourself with and networking with powerful, like-minded, success-driven, women entrepreneurs who are taking serious action to uplevel their businesses.
- I knew I would be inspired to take the next step with my business and learn some new strategies or ideas to apply in my business. Plus, conferences in general seem to light the proverbial fire under your butt to get started.
This year the event was much more “Woo Woo” than expected, with quite a bit of time spent on personal or inner work, and not quite as much time spent on actual how to business strategies. I’ll be honest. At first I was a little put off by the touchy-feely inner work junk. Most people know that I am not super big on all that stuff. I was there for business. I didn’t come for the “Woo Woo” junk.
- What I didn’t anticipate, was how much that “Woo Woo” junk would affect me personally.
- What I didn’t anticipate was the powerful realizations I would come to in regards to myself and my relationship with my business. Yes, I am in a red-hot love affair with my business and I think I have been cheating on my social life!
- What I didn’t anticipate was how much the “Woo Woo” junk and inner work would change the way I do and look at my business. I am raising expectations for myself and for my clients and I am finally admitting to myself just how great I am and how much I have accomplished so far.
OSBW may have been great for my business, but Shine was great for my mindset and as a result, my business. So with that said, it is time for action. After all, what’s the point of going to conferences and events like this if you don’t take action on what you learn and experience?
- Golden Nuggets of Wisdom For The Entrepreneur Mindset
- Ali Brown Shine Event: Billionaire Entrepreneur Coach Makes Social Media Blunder
- Ali Brown Entrepreneur Mentor Keynotes Infusioncon 2012
- Ali Brown Millionaire Protege Club Retreat Recap
- Ali Brown and Jennifer Bourn Talk Branding for Ali Brown’s Success Club