One of my favorite things to do after I attend live events, conferences, and seminars is to read through all of my notes from the event and write down all of the most important ones in my journal. Rewriting those notes and positive words of encouragement helps me remember them. It also helps me reflect a little further on what they meant to me and why I wrote them down.
Today I’d like to share with you some of the nuggets of wisdom I jotted down at the Ali Brown Shine Event, where I not only got to hear from Ali and her team speak, but from Real Estate Mogul & Business Consultant Barbara Corcoran and Academy-Award Winning Actress & Activist Marlee Matlin!
Here are some of my golden nuggets:
- Be true to you and make decisions based from where you want to be.
- There is no magic pill, but there can be magic as long as you do the right things.
- Your purpose is your big vision. Your business’s purpose is to make money.
- Know what you suck at and delegate it.
- Do what you love. Know whats important. Give back when you can.
- Bad marketers blame failures ont he economy.
- When you have an idea, look at the competition. If there is competition, find a niche not being served. If there is no competition, evaluate if there is really a need.
- How you position yourself determines what people think of you and how much they will pay.
- Stay open. Influences can come from anywhere.
- Why would the universe give you more if you are not taking care of what you already have?
- How do you know what product to develop? It s what you get asked for over and over again. It may not be exactly what you want to do, but it is what they want and it will get your audience into your funnel.
- The hole you give through is the hole you receive through.
- Organization and systematization are the two most important tools in business.
- Quick decision making under pressure is the key to turning failures into successes.
- There are two types of people, expanders and containers. Every business needs one of each.
- Marketing = Communications and relationships with people who need your solution.
- Only focus on and take the next step. Master it fully before taking another step.
- Never stop believing. You have no reason to doubt.
- If you want to grow, you need to make time for growth.
- When you want it bad enough, you’ll make it happen.
I hope at least one or two of these golden nuggets resonated with you. Shine was a great few days to allow me to focus more on my business mindset. If you are looking for support with your business mindset, I highly recommend you check out Ali Brown and Shine for 2010.