I recently met up with fellow members of Ali Brown’s Millionaire Protege Club Platinum Group at the gorgeous Montelucia Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona for two full days of inspiration, learning, and focus to move our businesses forward. (RIGHT: Me with Ali Brown and Head Coach James Roche) The women (and a few men) at the retreat were gracious and brilliant, sharing their expertise and insights in facilitated mastermind groups, over meals, and by the pool. Being a part of such a supportive and smart group has been such a wonderful experience!
And, I won’t lie and tell you we didn’t spend the whole day after enjoying libations by the pool! It was warm, relaxing, and fabulous… and the views were stunning. Plus, the resort was humming with activity as they are preparing for what was rumored to be a $2 Million dollar event that is part of the 2011 Google Global Science Fair. We’ve been watching them build rooms and stages, and completely transform the spaces at this resort for days and I got interested. Guess what? This year was the first ever Google Global Science Fair and three American Girls swept the awards winning more than $100,000 in prizes and an amazing array of life changing gifts and opportunities.
With my recent trip to LA for Success Summit and my trip to Scottsdale for Ali’s Millionaire Protege Club Platinum Retreat, I’ve really gained some smart nuggets and take-aways that I want to share with you: (RIGHT: Me with Pat Perkins and Doreen Rainey)
- Don’t bother to waste your time in the race to the bottom. Hold firm on your pricing — those who won’t pay aren’t your ideal client.
- Never discount — you’re just competing with yourself.
- You need to know where you are right now to know how to get to where you want to go. Invest in getting total clarity.
- Put at least 15 minutes on your to-do list every day for you and only you.
- Find little ways to make each and every day extraordinary.
- Give the gift of unexpected gratitude to another at least once a day.
- Snail mail is the best way to stand out because too many business owners are looking for fast, cheap, and easy, and relying on Facebook to do all the work.
- Get more interaction and interest with your networks on social media sites by asking questions and participating in the conversation that ensues. Respond to everyone.
- The success of any action ultimately comes to action.
- Make a decision and go with it. Stop second-guessing yourself. That is just fear holding you back because once you make the decision, action is required.
- “Because I said so” sales is over. You must show value.
- Just because you identify a trait or characteristic in an ideal client, doesn’t mean you need to use it in your marketing. Some things are just used to help create an underlying take-away, feeling, or perception.
- Don’t forget to update your bio with new accomplishments.
- Ask everyone how they found you and WHY they chose you. Use their answers to guide your marketing messages. People don’t always buy for the reasons you think.
- Don’t worry about competing with others in your industry. Package your services with additional value-added items so your prospects can’t compare apples-to-apples, and you stand out.
- Working too much for free? Think about turning your F*R*E*E strategy sessions into paid sessions. Then if they want to become a client, put their investment toward their program/package price.
Live events are one of the ways I re-energize, refresh, and re-engage with my own inspiration and creativity. I love the energy, the people, the networking, and the things I learn. One of my favorite things about Ali Brown’s Millionaire Protege Club Platinum Program are the live retreats. This year there were three and this was the last one (boohoo) of the year.
If you’re not attending live events or you’re not part of a structured high-level mastermind program, I highly recommend it — as long as it is the right one for you!
- Golden Nuggets of Wisdom For The Entrepreneur Mindset
- Ali Brown Shine Event: Billionaire Entrepreneur Coach Makes Social Media Blunder
- Ali Brown Shine Event: I didn’t Come For The WooWoo Junk
- Ali Brown Entrepreneur Mentor Keynotes Infusioncon 2012
- Ali Brown and Jennifer Bourn Talk Branding for Ali Brown’s Success Club