If you’re selling a product, program, or your services online and you’re using a shopping cart to do so, you need your website to convert prospects into leads, and leads into customers. And, If you’re like other entrepreneurs, you need your small business website to increase online sales and help you create multiple streams of income.
But the big questions is, “How do you do that?”
Here are nine tips you can use to increase your online sales conversions:
- Make sure your navigation is clear and easy to find.
- List all products for sale on one page so your visitor can see their options. Jump to individual sub pages or landing pages to provide in depth information about each if necessary.
- Keep the buying process simple and as short as possible. Eliminate any extra or unneeded steps.
- Include testimonials of happy, satisfied clients and customers. If you can include a photo of the person giving the testimonials or use a video testimonial.
- Provide flexible payment options. Let them choose to pay in full or to make payments. Also let them select between multiple credit cards like Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Amex and make PayPal available if you can.
- Use your thank you page! This page can be used for so much more than saying thank you. It can house an upsell, another offer, a free gift, and more.
- Use a 3D information product graphic to give your potential buyers a visual images of what they will be buying. This adds subconscious value to your product, program, or services, and increases conversions.
- Use a multi-message auto responder or follow up sequence. Don’t just leave your new customer or client hanging! Create a series of email messages to follow up with them after the sale. You can provide bonus information, more tips, advice on how to use the product they bought, or how to get the most out of the service package they bought. You can ask them for feedback or a testimonial, or even invite them to be an affiliate. Your auto responder sequences can be anywhere from 3 messages to 30 messages if you wanted. Just be smart about how often you’re sending the messages and think about what value they deliver.
- Provide a guarantee. It can be a 100% money back guarantee or a try it free for 30 days risk free guarantee. Basically you can offer any type of guarantee you want – but studies have shown the better the guarantee, the better the sales. It makes the buyer feel better about their purchase and helps eliminate objection.