Just Ahead, a startup iOS and Android travel app, initially approached Bourn Creative seeking an ongoing development partner to transform a homepage design concept and a few rough wireframes into a robust, custom WordPress site and blog.
We began working with Just Ahead to finish out the complete website design, develop a flexible content platform for their new app, and launch the site to support the team’s marketing and sales efforts, working together to design and develop the custom, responsive, HTML5, WordPress website and blog powered by the Genesis Framework with retina support and schema.org integration.
Once the initial marketing site was launched and live, we began the design and development of phase two of our engagement — adding a library of available tours and upcoming tours.
The Tours Library (shown below) was uses a custom publishing system that includes custom plugins and custom page templates, and custom post types. The back end interface allows any member of the Just Ahead team to easily add new tours and expand the library as the app continues to grow.
Also included is the ability to:
- Assign custom, sortable tour cateogries
- Add a flag to the top corner of a tour entry to label it as a top tour or as a coming soon tour
- Reorder the tours at any time with drag and crop capabilities
- With Google map integration, add a map pin for each tour, allowing visitors to see all tours on a map, click the pin, and be directed to the tour
The individual tour posts feature a unique design, conditional sidebar logic to display unique content in the sidebar of each tour post, a large hero image, custom text overlays, and custom buttons linking to the iOS and Android app stores — all directly editable by the client.
Another initiative Just Ahead commissioned was the development of a custom landing page builder that their marketing team could use to create individual sales pages that promote each available tour and support their pay-per-click, social media advertising, and print marketing efforts.
Instead of creating each individual tour sales page one-by-one, incurring the cost of custom design and development every time a new tour is added, Bourn Creative worked with Just Ahead to create a landing page builder that leverages a custom publishing interface and page template. With the integrated landing page builder (sample shown below), Just Ahead can:
- Reuse it again and again to create multiple sales pages using complex sales page layouts without writing code.
- Edit all content, banner text, links to app store and google play, hero image, app screenshot image, and more.
- Benefit from automatic content formatting and styling on the front-end of the site upon page save.
- Pull in app store reviews and reorder them via drag and drop capabilities.
Based on the success of the landing page builder design, Bourn Creative then worked with Just Ahead to integrate the design changes into the Home page design.
Over time, Bourn Creative has continued to partner with Just Ahead, providing ongoing design and development support for site enhancements, new feature additions, and strategic consulting. Projects have included a custom email marketing popup, new custom page templates, and custom iOS and Android buttons.