Yesterday I spoke at the East Bay WordPress Meetup about onboarding new clients, setting clear expectations, and creating systems.
When I published a post announcing the talk, I received inquiries — through Twitter, Facebook, direct email, and our website contact form — asking if the session would be recorded or if I would be sharing the information.
Clearly this is a topic that many in our community are interested in!
As I shared during my session with Chris Lema in the 2014 WordCamp LA business track, we have spent countless hours creating, refining, testing, and tweaking our own multi-step processes for several different service offerings.
This talk, recapped in detail below, was an overview of the new client onboarding process we use for our custom WordPress web design projects, including:
- What new client onboarding is and why it is critical to the success of the project
- How to create added-value for clients before even getting started
- What components are encompassed in a successful onboarding campaign
- Why setting clear expectations early and often will improve your client relationships
- What most service providers overlook when creating an onboarding process
- How to create your own process and strategies for implementation