If you have a website, then you’ve heard about search engine optimization (SEO). But you may also be wondering how it can help your business. Search engine optimization is important to your online business success, and when done right, SEO can have a big impact on your website traffic and sales conversions.
Unfortunately, many entrepreneurs don’t understand how search engine optimization can help their business and as a result, they don’t invest in it — with their time or their money. Here are some of the basic benefits investing in search engine optimization can create for your business:
- More visitors to your website, which means more sales conversions or more list conversions.
- With high search engine rankings, comes increased credibility and expert positioning in your niche.
- Higher rankings (for the right keywords) mean more people will find you online. When more people find you, you’ll receive more inquiries from new leads and prospects.
- Following a search engine optimization strategy results in increased visibility for your brand and a much wider reach and span of influence.
- High search engine rankings show the average consumer that you “know what you’re doing” and results in more opportunities.
- Being listed ahead of your competition in the search engine results pages, means you’ll more likely capture the new lead.
As you can see, investing in search engine optimization can yield impressive results for your small business, and those results can have a big impact on your bottom line. If you’re thinking of hiring a search engine optimization consultant, be careful. If they make any promises such as, “I can get you to page one in Google,” without explanation, qualifications, or showing you the keywords you’re going to be competing on, run away quickly.
Search engines change the way they index websites regularly. Google tweaks their algorithm almost everyday. That means that your approach to SEO isn’t just a one time “optimize my website,” but instead is a long-term ongoing process. The age of hiring search engine optimization companies and paying them thousands of dollars to get your site to page one of Google is crumbling. By making search simpler and focused completely on the end user, the search engines are making it harder and harder to manipulate the results.
This is great new for the entrepreneur and small business and bad new for the SEO companies. Why? Because search engines are basically cutting them out of the loop.
The good news is that SEO doesn’t have to be hard and complex. You don’t have to actually spend any money to achieve great results from optimizing your website. With that said, I do recommend you work with a professional to determine what keywords and key phrases you should be competing for.
The bottom line is that with the right information, you can optimize your website yourself and get found more often online.
- What Is Organic Search Engine Optimization / SEO
- How to Optimize Website Content For Search Engines And People
- How to Optimize Images For SEO
- How to Optimize Links For Improved SEO
- What Is An HTML Page Title And Meta Description?
- Writing an Effective HTML Page Title
- Writing an Effective Meta Description
- Why Keywords Still Matter In SEO
- How to Optimize Blog Posts For Maximum Results And Visibility
- How to Add Google Authorship to Your WordPress Site
- Search Engine Seduction: Give Them What They Want To Get Better Rankings
- Eleven Ways To Optimize A Blog Post
- Search Engine Optimization: The Two Most Important Things Your Website Needs